Laser facial skin rejuvenation
The face is rejuvenated in whole or in part. Depending on the indications, the following are processed: the area around the lips - to correct purse-string wrinkles, the upper and lower eyelids - to correct crow's feet, the forehead - to correct the frown, as well as the neck, chin, cheekbones and cheeks.
- The duration of one session is 15-20 minutes. The larger the treatment area, the longer the exposure time.
- A moderate lifting effect is achieved, fine wrinkles and post-acne are eliminated, the surface relief is leveled.
- The method is highly effective - in some cases, just 1 procedure is enough. Sometimes a second session may be necessary.
The essence of the procedure
The principle of rejuvenation is to apply a laser beam to the skin. When tissues are heated to a certain temperature, dosed micro-damage to the skin is achieved. The laser destroys dead cells of the epidermis and dermis, stimulates the regeneration of new cells, increases metabolism and starts the process of cellular renewal.
Warming up the inner layers stimulates the independent production of collagen and elastin, which support the face frame and prevent skin sagging. It also stimulates the production of hyaluronic acid, a substance that maintains water balance.
As a result of laser rejuvenation, the skin becomes elastic and dense, a moderate lifting effect is achieved, fine wrinkles and post-acne are eliminated, and the surface relief is leveled.
Who is this procedure suitable for
Laser rejuvenation is equally suitable for both young and old patients. Women and men under 35 years of age resort to resurfacing to eliminate local defects and prevent aging. Then they are recorded for a wrinkle correction session.
Pros and cons of laser rejuvenation
The main advantage of the procedure: good aesthetic effect. Already after the first session, the skin of the face is tightened, becomes elastic and smooth. Most patients note a short period of rehabilitation, therefore, laser rejuvenation is called a weekend procedure.
Among the disadvantages is the lack of a pronounced effect in case of gravitational ptosis of grade 3-4 or deep static wrinkles.
Indications for the procedure
Consider laser resurfacing if you have the following imperfections:
- Wrinkles. This category includes both small folds and deep grooves - "crow's feet", nasolabial folds, puppet wrinkles, purse string wrinkles, vertical folds on the forehead, laugh lines, Venus rings on the neck and between the eyebrows.
- Sagging skin under the influence of gravity - flews and "bulldog" cheeks, double chin.
- Fuzzy cervico-chin angle, vague oval of the face.
- Photoaging - pigmentation, uneven color.
- A thin layer of skin with a lack of subcutaneous fat.
The procedure will help with acne, post-acne, scars and scars, dark circles under the eyes, hyperkeratosis, rosacea. Rejuvenation is recommended for non-uniform cyanotic tone, uneven relief, enlarged pores. But bags under the eyes are not a reason for the procedure.
Absolute Limitations to Laser Facial Rejuvenation:
- severe chronic diseases;
- dermatological diseases - eczema, vitiligo, psoriasis, demodicosis, etc . ;
- mental disorders.
Reasons for postponing the procedure for a while:
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- aggravation of an allergic reaction;
- treatment of the skin with 13 cis-retinoic acid preparations. In this case, rejuvenation is postponed for a year and a half, since the substance increases the sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet light;
- exacerbation of herpes;
- a recent chemical peel (less than two weeks ago);
- a fresh tan and a recent vacation by the sea.
If there are moles in the affected area, the doctor individually decides on the procedure.
How is laser facial skin rejuvenation performed
In the laser, exposure parameters are set individually for each patient. The doctor takes into account the skin type and adjusts the settings for maximum effect.
At the initial consultation, the beautician examines the face and identifies problems, diagnoses the condition of the skin, the thickness of the subcutaneous fat.
Two weeks before the appointed date, the sun exposure is reduced, and the use of the solarium is prohibited. You need to apply sunscreen before every time you go outside.
- The skin is completely cleansed, regardless of whether the entire face or individual parts are treated.
- Local anesthesia is applied in the form of a spray or cream. From above, the application is covered with polyethylene for 10-15 minutes. A slight tingling sensation is possible at this point.
- The doctor starts the treatment. Adjusts the device, then processes the areas.
- Applies an emollient that prevents irritation.
Rehabilitation and recommendations for skin care after the procedure
Immediately after the manipulation, the heat is felt. During the day, swelling and redness increase, the skin tightens. By the end of the next day, a protective crust forms. It cannot be ripped off so as not to infect. The flushing disappears in 5-7 days, and the pink blush remains for about two weeks. The swelling disappears after 2-3 days.
Full recovery is achieved within a week.
After the procedure, the doctor lets the patient go home and issues a skin care memo. It is imperative to apply funds that regenerate the skin, remove side effects. You cannot wash your face on the day of correction.
The next day, it is recommended to wash your face with boiled water, moisturize your face as often as possible. A greasy SPF 50 sunscreen should be applied daily within one month after the procedure at any time of the year.
On the third day, you can apply decorative cosmetics and hide traces of treatment under a layer of foundation or powder.
What not to do during recovery
It is prohibited throughout the rehabilitation:
- Sunbathe. You can not go to the beach and stay outside for a long time in winter, because the sun's rays glare from the snow and increase the risk of pigmentation;
- Visit the solarium. Ultraviolet light causes burns and age spots on unhealed skin;
- Wash with chlorinated or salt water;
- Any heat effect. You cannot go to the bathhouse and sauna;
- Steam the skin and moisten the crust;
- Comb the face and peel off the crust;
- Men shave their face for 2-3 days;
- Use alcohol-based cosmetics, scrubs and peels for one month.
The number and frequency of procedures to achieve the result
The exact number of sessions is determined by the doctor at the consultation, taking into account the condition of the skin and the presence of age-related changes. In most cases, 1 procedure is sufficient.
Achieved result from laser rejuvenation
The result depends on the initial data of the patient, his age, the severity of age-related changes and the depth of exposure to the laser beam.
In surface resurfacing, the laser only acts on the epidermis layer. Minor changes are removed and the effect is as follows:
- smoothes the fine mesh of wrinkles;
- the complexion is normalized;
- the skin is cleared of post-acne;
- pigment spots are lightened.
Medium treatment is an effect on the epidermis down to the dermal layer. The procedure is carried out only under local anesthesia, and the effectiveness of the method is higher:
- mimic wrinkles are eliminated, deep wrinkles are smoothed;
- dark circles under the eyes disappear;
- pigment spots disappear;
- the complexion is normalized.
With deep resurfacing, all layers of the skin are worked through. The rehabilitation is longer. But absolute rejuvenation is achieved:
- skin tightens;
- all wrinkles are smoothed;
- the surface of the face is stretched, and the relief is leveled;
- scars, scars, post-acne are eliminated;
- the oval of the face is tightened, the cervico-chin angle is sharpened;
- triggers the production of collagen fibers, so the effect lasts for several years.
Regardless of the depth of the action, the production of hyaluronic acid is stimulated. The result is skin hydration.
Microcirculation is improved, so acne and acne spots dissolve. Sebum production decreases - the number of acne and blackheads, and the oily skin disappears. Wrinkles are smoothed out.
Adverse events after laser facial rejuvenation
Immediately after the procedure, the face turns red, hyperemia worsens. Side effects such as mild itching, flaking and crusting are possible - this is a normal reaction in response to the vaporization of the top layer of the skin with an ablative laser. The condition returns to normal on its own after a few days.
The most dangerous complication is infection by touching the skin with dirty hands. It is treated with antibiotics.
Exposure to the sun may cause the appearance of age spots and exacerbation of herpes.
Combination of laser correction with other methods of rejuvenation
Laser rejuvenation is a basic procedure in structural rejuvenation. It creates good conditions for the complex application of other cosmetic techniques, for example, for botulinum toxin injections, face modeling with fillers, contour plastics and thread lifting.
Frequently Asked Questions
At what age can laser facial skin rejuvenation be done?
The procedure is allowed for adult patients.
How long is the rehabilitation?
Individual indicators. On average, after a month, the skin is completely restored.
How long does the result last after laser rejuvenation?
Skin aging is slowed down by 1-2 years.
Is the procedure suitable for men?
Yes, it does. The only limitation is that fresh shaving of the face is not allowed.
What is the difference between laser peeling and laser rejuvenation?
During peeling, the depth of exposure does not exceed 30 microns, and with nano-perforation - 100-150 microns.
Is the procedure painful?
During laser facial skin rejuvenation, local application anesthesia is used, so the patient does not feel any discomfort.